Originally built as an automotive service station in 1948, 350 Memorial was operated as Harp Transmission Service for the past 40 years. The long-term owner retired in 2016 at the age of 76 and sold the property to Clark Property R+D in a joint venture with Pellerin Real Estate.
The underground storage tanks associated with the property's former automotive use were environmentally remediated in the summer of 2016 to prepare the site for redevelopment.
The project strategy is to transform the site into a pedestrian-friendly restaurant, retail and entertainment activity center to enhance, activate and connect to the surrounding amenities. The property sits within the Memorial Drive Greenway, is next door to Oakland Cemetery, surrounding retail and MARTA, and walkable to the Georgia Capitol, Grant Park, Sweet Auburn, Zoo Atlanta, Beltline, and Streetcar.
The intent is to become a "pavilion in the park," a community gathering spot that enhances the adjacent amenities.